Monday, June 29, 2009

Mission complete- Registry joined!

So I thought Id share my journey in joining the National Marrow Donor Program Be the Match registry. I hope some of you did this and saw first hand just how EASY the whole process was, but for those of you who didnt, heres how it went down after my kit arrived on Thursday.



Supplies!



Swabbing the inside of my mouth (repeat x 4)



Label each swab then place in holder



All done!



Seal the holder



Drop it in the mail!

It was seriously the easiest thing to do, and SO gratifying and exciting to drop the envelope in the mailbox. It took me longer to make this blog post than the entire process took!

For information on how to join the registry, go to www.marrow.org and learn how you could BE THE MATCH that saves someones life!

No comments:

Post a Comment