Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009



Lets just cut to the chase here- 2009 hasnt exactly been good to me. In a year when so much was taken away, its tough to try to find things to be grateful for at thanksgiving time. Its never been my favorite holiday, and try as I might to avoid the whole "list the things youre thankful for" trap, I found my thoughts going right to that place over the holiday weekend.

What I chose to think about was where I was over thanksgiving 2007. Rick and I took our "honeymoon" then- sure it was a few months after the wedding but thats just when it seemed to work out. We took a week and went to Paris, and its that trip I find myself feeling most grateful for. The more I thought about it, the more little things I could remember about our trip, tiny gifts that mean more to me now than ever before. It was our first and only adventure outside of the country together, and there were so many wonderful little moments to remember. And thats what its about, isnt it? What you do with the time you have, not how much of it there is.


Rick & Charissa Gribenas, Paris, France, November 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment