Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What are the odds....

Last night I posted a video about a young man looking for a bone marrow donor match.

Today I got a phone call from the Be The Match registry that I have been selected as a potential match for a patient in need.

In June of 2009 I joined the registry, which I documented here. I have been hoping and waiting, nervously of course, to get the magically phone call saying I was a match. And today it happened.

Of course there are more steps and it may end up that Im not the best match for the 39 year old, female, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma patient. With any luck, I will be. I go for additional screening blood work on Tuesday, and will be sure to keep everyone posted.

What a beautiful thing it would be to be on the OTHER side of this nasty disease. To be on the healing side. Think positive thoughts for me, and for the woman I truly hope to be able to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment