Thursday, January 14, 2010

Egress Press


"BMX"
2001, Hand Drawn Photo Lithograph
by Rick Gribenas


Today I wanted to give a little shout out to my friends at Egress Press & Research, a fine art publishing and research component of the Printmaking Area of Edinboro University of Pennsylvania’s Art Department. When Rick attending Edinboro, he had the pleasure of working with John Lysak, master printmaker and a director of Egress Press.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a link to this here blog on my husband's little profile on the Egress Press website, though I suppose I shouldnt have been. EPR and several of its artists, including the likes of John Lysak, Jay Ryan and Mike Budai, have not only been amazing friends to both my husband and I, but have been great supporters of our efforts. From donating items to the Blood & Cupcakes donor raffles the last two years, sharing a meal or cup of coffee, or a thoughtful email just to see how we're doing, these folks not only make amazing art, but are all around amazing people.

So big thanks to our friends at EPR, for every little thing. You inspired and influenced Rick in both his work and life, and our gratitude is immeasurable.

No comments:

Post a Comment