Thursday, March 11, 2010

Quote of the Day

Between now and the release of our booklet on March 20, Ive decided to post a quote from a submission in the booklet. I might do this daily, or every couple of days, so you get a sense for whats in the book.

Today's quote comes from fellow blogger Robin Belinsky:

"It was at this point where emotionally I started processing what it meant to
have cancer. I’ve had my moments, both the dark ones, when I know no one else would understand. The low points when I’ve wanted to give up, and I’ve felt my whole life had become wrapped up with cancer, and all my hopes, dreams, and aspirations had evaporated. My self-confidence has been squashed, and my brain has been scrambled. I struggle with fears of death, anxiety about recurrence, and disillusionment with life. There is the deep bitterness about this happening to my life, there is guilt I’m a survivor or don’t have it quite as bad as other people, and there is an indescribable loneliness. Then there is the constant pounding thought I am only 26 years old, and for the past five years, I have been taking a little pill every day to keep my body running. I live on borrowed time... "


To learn more about Robin, and her experience with thyroid cancer, visit her blog Death by Lettuce.

You can read the rest of her story in the BRICKS for Young Adults Cancer Awareness & Resource Guide, to be released on Saturday March 20, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment