Wednesday, November 17, 2010

All things equal...



20 months ago today I sat with my husband as he died.

20 months prior to that, we were newly married.

I dont have anything terribly profound to say today other than how ok I feel. I was nervous about this marker, and worried I may not be in a very good place. Not that the time period of grief has to be equal to that of time spent with a person, or that the two are in any way related. But I can say, today, that I had 20 months of a beautiful marriage with a wonderful person, and Ive survived 20 months without him here. For each of these things, I am grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully said Charissa. I still think about Rick everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks allen. i do to. its just different now. and i feel ok with that.

    ReplyDelete